[Toàn Cầu] Cơ Hội Nhận $300 Với Cuộc Thi Sáng Tạo Nghệ Thuật CIVICUS International Youth Day 'Through Arts And Imagination' Contest 2018
‘Through Arts and Imagination’ is a global contest seeking bold and original creative arts submissions – music, poetry, art, multimedia – that present youth perspectives on Re-imagining Democracy. To celebrate International Youth Day on 12 August 2018, the Youth Working Group at CIVICUS, a global civil society alliance, would like to create space for the voices of silenced youth to be heard. CIVICUS wants to provide an opportunity for youth to express a vision of democracy reimagined. You will not only get the chance to make your voice heard by a global audience, but you will also get a chance to help a cause of your choice!
“In a world in which our democracy and fundamental freedoms are under increasing threat, a world where the voices of young people are silenced and marginalised, we believe that it is up to this generation to re-imagine the democracy we want to live in,” said Elisa Novoa, of the CIVICUS Youth Working Group.
The Symposium hopes to showcase pieces that present what democracy means to you – what it looks like and feels like in everyday life. We want to see that democracy is about more than just putting a ballot in a box, but instead involves actions such as: organizing, thinking and writing, working alongside others, protesting, expressing solidarity, being part of a community, and engaging locally. You are also welcome to submit your ideas and dreams about a democracy that is true to its name – ‘rule by the people’ – and how you imagine it would play out in your community.
- The top 15 submissions will be promoted on the CIVICUS social media pages.
- One-day workshop run by CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation to support participants in their work to share powerful messages through creative mediums on Friday 10 August in online for the top 15 submissions.
- Cash prize and free CIVICUS voting membership to the organisations that the top 3 symposium participants chose to donate their prize to.
- 1st place: 300$US
- Publication of the best submission in the 2018 State of Civil Society Report.
- Creators must be 30 and under by 12 August 2018
- Submissions must respect the deadline (27 July, 2018)
- Only one submission per person
- Original content that hasn’t previously been published
- Agreement with the Youth Day Symposium Terms and Conditions and CIVICUS event principles
- Submission in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese
- Your submission should relate to one of the following sub-themes:
- Diversity- We are One! Art that celebrate, feature and empower people of many different intersectional identities (gender, race, sexuality, age, ethnicity, nationality, etc.)
- Culture and society - Breaking Barriers for all! Art that showcases intercultural-interreligious integration and “decoloniality”
- Economic justice. Art that speaks to solidarity economies, democratisation of labour, youth social entrepreneurship and just transition
- Democratisation of education Art that shares a message around access to education, different modes of learning, active participation and dialogue, education of multiple historical narratives
- Silenced/unsilenced youth - Hear my voice! The experience of driving a rights-based agenda: organising, speaking up, mobilising.
- Creativity: The submission is created based on an original idea and the participant has showed the use of their imagination and has created something unique.
- Authenticity: The submission is reflective of the participant’s experience, a true lived experience, or a vision of potential experience. The piece is grounded in the reality of the topic of reimagining democracy as they understand it and creatively interpret it.
- Connection to the theme: The submission directly relates to one of the presented sub-themes and explores and relevant and pertinent issue within that sub-theme.
- Connection to struggle & contributions to community: The submission reflects a relevant challenge that is faced by youth based on the themes. It tells a story of an initiative creating a positive outcome for a community.
- Youth perspective: The submission presents and considers the youth voice and experience.
Application Process: Please submit your application by filling in this form
Application Deadline: July 27th, 2018.
209 người xem